Visitors / Employees
Residents / Students
Summer Events in University City!
Apr 12, 2017 15 days ago
With summer right around the corner, it's time to save the dates for the return of UCD's signature events! This year marks UCD's 20th anniversary, and we are looking forward to celebrating with our community throughout an action-packed summer event season. Don't miss University City Dining Days, the 40th Street Summer Series, Movies in Clark Park, the Baltimore Avenue Dollar Stroll, and PECO Performances at The Porch at 30th Street Station.
- University City Dining Days will return this year from Thursday, July 13 to Sunday, July 23. Now in its 13th year, Dining Days is the "3 courses, 3 prices" promotion at some of University City's most popular dining destinations. The full list of participating restaurants and different price points will be made available later this spring at www.ucdiningdays.com.
- The 40th Street Summer Series, co-produced by University City District, Penn, and The Rotunda, will once again enliven the green area behind the Walnut Street Library at 40th Street with free monthly concerts. This year the programming will run from May through September, with performances on five Saturdays throughout the summer. Confirmed headliners include Sun Ra Arkestra, Brian Sanders' JUNK, Dan Blacksberg's Heisser Klezmorim, the West Philadelphia Orchestra, and Worldtown Soundsystem. See our Summer Series page for more information on dates and performers.
- UCD, in partnership with Philadelphia Parks and Recreation and Friends of Clark Park, will once again present Movies in Clark Park, five weeks of free outdoor movies. Each screening will be preceded by fun activities and offerings from local organizations and businesses. The schedule runs every Friday from August 4th through September 1st. Check our Movies in Clark Park page for updates on programming and partnerships!
- The Baltimore Avenue Dollar Stroll, presented in association with the Baltimore Avenue Business Association (BABA), will return on June 15th and September 7th from 5:30 to 8:30pm. During this unique event, University City's Baltimore Avenue between 43rd and 52nd Street showcases its charm and businesses with $1 bargains from neighborhood favorites. Grab everything from bites from signature restaurants to pet supplies to theater tickets and much more. Full details on participants and live entertainment will be coming soon on our Dollar Stroll page.
- All summer long PECO Powers Performances at The Porch! From May through September, a wide array of performers will sing, dance, drum, act, and entertain each week at The Porch! The series, made possible by PECO, will kick off on May 1st with a lunchtime performance by New Sound Brass. Visit The Porch online to learn more about what's to come.