Visitors / Employees
Residents / Students
University City Resources
University City Science Center - The oldest and largest urban research park in the United States, UCSC offers a variety of programs and events for entrepreneurs, and provides a range of office and lab space options from flexible to long-term.
- Co-op Program – over 5,600 undergraduate students are placed with over 1,600 companies each year.
- LeBow College of Business – 2,800 undergraduate and 1,000 graduate students.
- Close School of Entrepreneurship
- Baiada Institute – an incubator for Drexel student business ideas.
- ExCITe Center - The ExCITe Center is a space for creative people who want to work together on innovative projects benefitting the Philadelphia region and beyond.
- Innovation Neighborhood – a development site next to 30th Street Station that will include offices, hotel and conference center, classrooms, retail, residential and cultural destinations.
- Penn Center for Innovation - Penn’s dedicated gateway for industrial partnerships, providing facilitated access to Penn technologies, ideas and expertise.
- Wharton Venture Initiation Program – an incubator for Penn student business ideas.
- Wharton Small Business Development Center – provides assistance to small businesses through consultation and workshops.
- Weiss Tech House - a student-run hub of technological innovation.
- South Bank – 23-acre development site that will group facilities for innovation, technological development, and artistic production/exhibition.
DreamIt Ventures - DreamIt’s accelerator programs draw to University City talented entrepreneurs from all over the world.
Technical.ly Philly – a local technology news and events network.
The Enterprise Center - provides technical assistance and financing for startups and small businesses.
- [email protected] is a collaboration between Drexel University and the University City Science Center, and is co-located with DreamIt Ventures.
- The Fire Works is a West Philadelphia coworking space on the Baltimore Avenue commercial corridor.
Other Philadelphia Resources
Entrepreneur’s Resource Directory – developed by the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce.
Philly Startup Leaders – one of the largest and most active community of startup entrepreneurs in the Philadelphia region.
Philadelphia Department of Commerce – oversees and coordinates economic development activity throughout Philadelphia.
Philadelphia Industrial Development Corporation – a non-profit partnership between the City of Philadelphia and the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce to attract development and create jobs in Philadelphia.
StartUp PHL – a collaboration between the Commerce Department and PIDC that works to strengthen Philadelphia’s entrepreneurial environment.
The Welcoming Center for New Pennsylvanians - connects newly arrived individuals from around the world with the economic opportunities that they need to succeed.
10,000 Small Businesses – a Goldman Sachs program that in Philadelphia has partnered with the Community College of Philadelphia and PIDC to provide educational opportunities and access to capital to small business owners.
Philadelphia Coworking, Incubator, and Multi Tenant Spaces – a list of shared spaces compiled and maintained by Startup PHL.