Visitors / Employees
Residents / Students
Only bagged leaf collection is offered by the City, no mechanical collection. All citizens receiving City collection of trash and recycling materials are eligible to have the city remove their bagged leaves. Leaves will only be collected in brown paper biodegradable bags, which can be purchased at most major hardware or home improvement stores. The Streets Department does not provide them.
- Set leaf bags out next to trash and recyclables on their regular trash day
- Leaves set out in plastic bags will be collected as trash, not recycling.
- Never mix trash or other recyclable materials with bagged leaves. This contaminates leaves and makes them unfit for recycling and composting purposes
- You may use as many bags as needed, maximum 40 lbs. each.
- No collection will occur on a City holiday.
Bagged leaves may also be taken to any of the three Sanitation Convenience Centers:
- 3033 S. 63rd Street (63rd & Passyunk Ave.)
- Domino Lane and Umbria Street
- State Road and Ashburner Street