Visitors / Employees
Residents / Students
“Place-based, employer-driven.” WPSI’s partners make the opportunities of the skills initiative possible. Those partners, some of the most prestigious employers in the region, help UCD understand their workplace needs. We use this inside knowledge to train and provide a stable, skilled workforce of neighborhood residents to jobs that exist in the community—jobs that employers have identified as positions of real current and projected need.
University City District partners with some of the most prestigious employers in the Philadelphia area to locate and place workers in University City jobs.
Our Employer Partners:
- Children’s Hospital Of Philadelphia
- Drexel University
- Drexel University College of Medicine
- Mercy Philadelphia Hospital
- National Board Of Medical Examiners
- Penn Medicine
- University of the Sciences
- University of Pennsylvania
Build Your Own Pipeline
UCD supports the Talent Management and Onboarding Programs of entry-level positions at employer partners by becoming a trustworthy front end partner. We bring value to our employer partners by
1. Building bridges to our community
2. Mitigating the risk in institutionalizing cutting-edge hiring and training practices
3. Translating organizational culture accurately, letting employers hire the right person for the right position
WPSI programs have a proven track record of raising retention, productivity and quality of services and reducing turnover.
To learn more about how to start a pipeline program in your organization, contact Sheila Ireland.
UCD is always looking for creative and innovative approaches to workforce development. Our approach to each project is always attuned to the needs of our employer partners. We produce custom solutions to fit the particular needs of employers implementing “best practice” level execution from our contractors.
To learn more about how to start a pipeline program in your organization, contact Sheila Ireland at firstname.lastname@example.org
Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
As projects are developed, request for proposal for program components can be found below. Typical RFPS are requests for (but not limited to) the following services:
- Workplace Literacy
- Professional Development Programs
- Decision Making and Goal Setting
- Emotional Intelligence
- Career Development Program
- Financial Literacy