Visitors / Employees
Residents / Students
Graphic Design & Web Developement Manager
GRAPHIC DESIGN & WEB DEVELOPMENT MANAGER, for University City District (UCD), a progressive nonprofit placemaking partnership of anchor institutions, businesses and community members that invests in world-class public spaces, addresses public maintenance and public safety issues, brings life to commercial corridors, promotes job growth and innovation, and connects low income residents to career opportunities.
The Graphic Design & Web Development Manager is a creative position that will assist the Director of Marketing and Communications and other marketing staff in maintaining a consistent brand identity for the organization. They will design, create and modify graphics, photos, videos, advertisements, signage, websites, and other digital and print medium. He/she will be responsible for maintaining, managing & advancing the content and design of www.universitycity.org. A key component of this job is to work collaboratively among UCD’s departments to communicate diverse messages to varied audiences.
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications to develop and design all UCD collateral materials from concept to completion (including but not limited to newsletters, brochures, postcards, invitations, and external communications).
- Obtains printing estimates and prepares final layout of print-ready files for printer. Must possess knowledge in determining papers, colors, printing processes, and camera ready output. Position is key contact and liaison through production process.
- Knowledge of typography, spatial orientation, the handling and manipulation of images, freehand graphics, and basic design elements.
- Proactively manage UCD advertising calendar to ensure timely delivery of files.
- Update UCD website pages as needed, maintain online calendar, and create new graphics.
- Act as liaison with UCD’s web management company.
- Compile monthly web activity reports.
- Keep abreast of evolving issues and trends in Web technology and content requirements.
- As needed, work with Social Media Manager to create ads/graphics for social media.
- Develop and design electronic newsletters (bi-weekly and monthly) and utilize Constant Contact for delivery; maintain and update list of email constituents.
- Design and launch html emails and advertisements.
- Update, organize, and maintain UCD’s photo library
- Develop and produce signage and environmental graphics.
- Photograph UCD events and activities as needed.
- Serve as liaison with printers and other outside vendors such as photographers and sign makers.
- Help to execute various UCD marketing events.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to effectively communicate concepts in graphic, visual means.
- Experience creating compelling and appealing visual designs.
- Experience with Adobe CS Suite, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator required.
- We are looking for an experienced Graphic/Web Designer. You must provide samples of your work (both print and electronic) to be considered for this position.
- Minimum of three years experience as a graphic/web designer; previous nonprofit experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.F.A.) in relevant field (communication or graphic design, multi media, journalism or related field).
- Working knowledge of HTML/XHTML required. Experience with Content Management System required; knowledge of Drupal and CSS a plus.
- Experience with digital photography and photo editing.
- Experience in various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.).
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- This position requires someone who is self-sufficient, can manage multiple projects simultaneously, can prioritize and organize, and is a creative thinker and problem solver.
- Proven project management skills with strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to work under pressure and on multiple projects with varied priorities simultaneously.
To be considered for this position, please email a thoughtful cover letter, resume and up to five design samples (a mixture of print and web/electronic) to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 7, 2014. Salary commensurate with experience.