Visitors / Employees
Residents / Students
Each summer for the past 7 years, University City District has worked with high school students in our Summer Jobs Program. This program helps students access professional development, explore career pathways, build their work history, create mentoring connections to workplace professionals, and prepare for post-secondary education. A key learning objective is building awareness of the connection between education and success. For the first time, UCD is focusing on students who graduate in 2014 as a way to support these students in the first phase of their careers. The 2014 Summer Jobs Program begins on Tuesday, July 1, and ends on Friday, August 8. Click here to apply online. The deadline to apply is March 28, 2014.
For more information, contact Sharon Thompsonowak: email@example.com
Youth Employment Network
Summer Jobs Program
Summer Jobs Program: Seeking the Class of 2014!
Are you graduating from high school in 2014 and planning to stay in Philadelphia? Are you already enrolled in an area college and planning to work part-time, or are you just not sure what's next? University City District’s West Philadelphia Skills Initiative has teamed up with local employers to create summer internships for graduating seniors interested in taking the first step in their careers.
If you are . . .
- A resident of West Philadelphia (as defined by zip codes 19104, 19131, 19139, 19143 and 19151)
- Graduating from high school in 2014
- Maintaining a GPA of at least 3.0 and a school attendance rate of at least 90%
- Planning to stay in Philadelphia after graduation
. . . this program offers a career-development opportunity for you.
The 2014 Summer Jobs Program features:
- Paid professional development workshops
- Mentoring by seasoned professionals
- On-the-job work experience
- Resources to help you obtain long-term employment
The program runs from July 1-August 8, 2014. Interns will be paid $7.25/hour and work 20 hours/week.
It's easy to apply:
- Complete our online application and upload your report card and resume. OR
- Download and fill out the application form and submit it by email, fax, or the mail (see below). Be sure to include a copy of your report card and resume.
The application deadline is March 28, 2014. Complete applications must include copies of your most recent report card and resume (if you have one).
Where to send your application:
University City District
West Philadelphia Skills Initiative
3940 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Attn: Program Manager